Sr. Financial Analyst at CSG
At our location in Greenwood, CO, we are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to manage pricing, develop and approve specified business terms, and ultimately, translate/formalize pricing and business terms into legal documents.
We are looking for a liaison and business partner that advises Sales, Legal, Contract Accounting and other cross relational departments on certain financial metrics/drivers and interpretations, as well as ensuring certain policies and procedures are followed across the process flow.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will prepare complex financial analysis under minimal supervision for different business financial data to drive decisions on new business opportunities and changes to existing business terms. Responsible for financial planning, providing fiscal budget and forecast information and guidance.
Why Work for CSG?
We’re bringing balance back! CSG provides you with unlimited vacation time and market competitive pay and benefits--including 401K, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- Determine pricing guidelines, create financial models to assess financial impacts of different business decisions, make recommendations, and approve final pricing proposals. Review, provide comments and ultimately approve pricing and related business terms within legal documents.
- Coordinate with Sales, Legal, Product Management, Contract Administration, and Finance/Accounting with respect to financial terms and conditions of client contracts. Research and recommend ways to structure pricing and related business terms to accommodate each customer’s unique needs, contributing to the final strategy in closing a deal.
- Manage on-going revenue forecasting and perform revenue variance analysis on a monthly basis for assigned Customer Business Units (CBU’s). Financial planning consists of a 12-24 month outlook.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across multiple departments from staff to senior management, in order to gain acceptance of certain objectives, while preserving the relationships.
- Manage annual budget process for assigned CBU’s by coordinating the valuation of new opportunities to formalize the annual budget goals. Collaborate with CBU and Finance/Accounting in understanding known and anticipated changes to base revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Seven (7) + years of professional experience in Finance & Accounting required.
- At least 1-2 years direct budgeting/forecasting experience required.
- Experience with interpreting complex multi-element customer contracts.
- Experience with reviewing and assisting in applying revenue recognition policies.
- Experienced negotiator and strategic thinking capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting and Finance, with advanced skills preferred in Excel and TM1 as required.
- Ability to interpret financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Higher level of trouble-shooting skills across a broad scope of issues with proven result in successful resolutions.
- Ability to work independently with little instruction on day-to-day responsibilities, while managing multiple projects.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with multiple departments, gather information and summarize/conclude findings and recommend best course of action.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to complex problems and situations.
- Work independently and can influence business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify areas for process and operational improvements. Recommend solutions resulting in overall improvement to such processes (e.g., more formalized process, more streamlined flow, etc.).
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and meet closing deadlines.
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Experience with sales processes and establishing relationships with sales leads.