Sr. Financial Analyst - Internal Reporting
The Sr Analyst – Internal Reporting is responsible for supporting the enterprise-wide Financial Reporting and Analysis processes with a primary focus on internal/management reporting and analysis. As the subject matter over Financial Reporting and Analysis, the Sr Analyst will also directly support the development and rollout of technology (OneStream) used to report both internally and externally. This position is responsible for supporting all Maxar Corporate and Business Unit (“BU”) level reporting work-streams, and the functional teams across the finance organization, including Financial Planning and Analysis. The Sr Analyst – Internal Reporting reports to the Sr Manager – Internal Reporting and is a key role with the Controllership group.
The position requires an experienced professional with sound knowledge of accounting close and reporting processes, financial reporting deliverables, strong business acumen, and user based knowledge of technology solutions used by accounting and finance. The Sr Analyst will proactively work with functional leaders across Accounting and Finance to define and implement reporting best practices. This role will assist in transforming current reporting with the rollout of an automated reporting system and provide recommendations on creating value added reports.
The ideal candidate is both results oriented and mindful of tight and strict deadlines typically associated with a monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert over the BU financial reporting processes
- Analyze, research and prepare financial information to support monthly and quarterly reporting requirements
- Prepare and/or design key reports and validate report output for distribution to various user groups in the organization, including Senior Management and Business Units (“BU”) during month-end close, and various ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist with management of the external and internal quarterly review and annual audit process, including preparation of various audit support requests and coordination of obtaining support from business unit finance teams
- Coordinate and participate in special projects in various areas including Financial Reporting, General Accounting, External Reporting
- Gathering of financial data from sub-ledger and other operational systems and streamlining and improving existing processes
- Review of month-end management reporting schedules and variance analyses
- Support the development and implementation of comprehensive enterprise financial reporting process and technology solutions (consolidation and business reporting tool – OneStream), including validation of prior period’s results and/or pro forma results as needed
- Work with the BU finance leaders on key deliverables
- Coordinate with Financial Planning and Analysis teams to manage the flow of budget and forecast data/ information into OneStream and support management reporting processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- United States Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance with a strong interest in Accounting Information Systems and Financial Reporting
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a combination of accounting and financial reporting
- Knowledge of common financial reporting technology and ERPs (Oracle, SAP, Hyperion or similar technology solutions).
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SEC reporting requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) or equivalent
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally (Canada)
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- CPA preferred.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- An excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as work effectively in a demanding, dynamic environment and to meet overall objectives.
- Financial reporting experience – transformation of ledger data into consolidated financial statements and schedules.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.