*Please note that while this role is listed as remote, we are registered in most, but not all states
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 20TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com..
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
In true startup fashion, you must be comfortable wearing multiple hats: working on our financial functions, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, assisting leaders and departments with their budgets and forecasts, working with vendors, customers and investors. This role reports to the CFO. You'll be an integral part of enabling rapid growth and scaling our internal teams and business processes. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to deeply understand the inner-workings of a company, you will thrive in this role.
You will lead, own and manage our company-wide financial planning and analysis by working on financial projections, cash flow analysis, revenue projections, budget vs actual variances, analyzing sales and marketing projections, customer growth analysis, delivering reports for business partners and other stakeholders, and maintaining and reporting on key SaaS metrics.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the strategy, planning and forecasting, working cross-functionally across multiple departments and business units to develop improved industry intelligence, trends and critical actions required for the next 3 - 5 years
- Create detailed complex financial and analytical models to forecast and analyze revenue performance, sales and marketing efficiencies and pricing optimization
- Collaborate with multiple departments on the annual budget process
- Manage headcount and new hire tracking by collaborating with the People team
- Work with large datasets to analyze sales and operating performance that will help make important business decisions
- Develop detailed budgets and forecasts, including P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet projections
- Track, analyze and report on key performance indicators and key SaaS metrics
- Identify cost saving opportunities and ways to improve capital efficiency
- Dynamically support finance and investors relations functions through the next phase of the company’s growth
- Establish financial policies fostering company growth
- Hire, manage and develop a team of FP&A professionals
What You'll Bring
- 12+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 4 years at a SaaS startup
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar analytical discipline
- CPA, CFA, MBA preferred
- Experience managing a team of FP&A professionals
- Expert level of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (and Google Sheets/ Google Slides)
- Experience using Salesforce data to aid in revenue forecasting
- Able to build complex financial models from scratch
- Data science experience, and/or knowledge of SQL a plus
- Experience with FP&A software tools and creating automated reporting dashboards a plus
- Knowledge of apps such as Tableau, Looker, Retool and Recurly a plus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): including 14 company-wide holidays and mandatory requirement to take 2 consecutive weeks of PTO off after your 6 month anniversary
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description