Sr. Director, Accounting- Accounts Payable & Fixed Assets at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Senior Director of Accounting- Accounts Payable & Fixed Assets leads a team who is responsible for all aspects of the full life cycle accounting for fixed assets and inventory and accounts payable. Lead team in driving improved operating metrics.
- Manage operational activities and month end close of the Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets accounting teams to include staffing levels and performance.
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives designed to ensure long-term process improvement and increased efficiencies, including partnering with the Finance Systems Development team and other cross-functional teams to achieve required results.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls and processes are in place and are consistently being monitored.
- Act on metric results to drive change within the department to improve processes and performance.
- Build team member capabilities through objective setting, clear roles & responsibilities, and cultivation of an environment of accountability.
- Manage, motivate, mentor and lead a large team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree or CPA a plus.
- 10+ years experience in a financial/ accounting role, with 5+ years experience overseeing a shared services function.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a leadership role, including prior experience overseeing a large team.
- Proficiency with Oracle, Salesforce, Excel, and G Suite including Google slides.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills that guide and inspire others to achieve organizational outcomes and drive alignment and accountability to results.
- Must have the ability to develop, motivate and mentor staff and organize department workload.
- Hands on leader who is able to understand processes within the group.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively and timely.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated experience and continuous desire in improving and streamlining processes.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency towards attaining department goals, issue resolution and meeting deadlines.
- Strong organization, prioritization, project management analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave