Sr. Accountant at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
This position will be a key member of the revenue accounting team. This person will be responsible for owning ASC 606 revenue recognition and general accounting duties such as preparing analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations. Other key duties include leading the monthly Revenue Analysis meeting, documentation of policies and procedures, and performing tasks and analyses to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting. This position will be responsible for interacting with business partners to understand our business and to ensure accurate accounting. This position will also involve providing prompt resolutions to both internal and external inquiries on a daily basis.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing analysis related to ASC 606, including contract review, assessing accounting implications and writing technical accounting memos
- Problem solve manual processes in the Revenue operation process and explore ways to mitigate risk and increase efficiency through automation
- Assist with documentation of SOX compliance controls
- Performing Deferred Revenue analyses, account reconciliations, and rollforward calculations
- Performing Deferred Commissions analyses, forecasting, and account reconciliations
- Lead the monthly revenue reporting process
- Own month end journal entries related to revenue accounts
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Accounting and the FP&A team to perform trend analysis and analytical reviews related to revenue
- Develop relationships with business partners
- Mentoring and coaching other members of the Revenue team
- Lead financial statement audits, including pulling audit documentation support, throughout the year
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or relevant experience required
- SaaS software industry experience preferred
- Strong grasp of revenue management theory and concepts
- Strong Analytical skills to identify trends, variances, and problem areas
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Participate in annual and other audits by providing relevant support for testing selections
- Intermediate to advance skills with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft excel (including ability to generate pivot tables and write simple excel formulas)
- Three or more years of work experience in a revenue accounting role
- Having an open mindset, good listening skills, and willingness to incorporate best practices
- Being a team player
- Being comfortable with change resulting from the need to incorporate best practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to make presentations in meetings
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time
- Located and working from an office location *Our offices are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are slated to open again early 2022
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing