Sr. Accountant at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
As a Sr. Accountant for Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Zayo Group, you will be working closely with the Director of Accounting and FP&A to ensure financials statements comply with US GAAP. This role will be responsible for managing the Income statements and Balance sheet of product lines within Zayo. This role reports to the Director of Accounting and has high visibility with Zayo’s Controller and Sr. Director of Accounting.
- Manage Month End close – Heavy GL, Journal Entry Preparation and Entry, including accruals which require extensive analysis.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analytics.
- Variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management and working with accounting team to ensure accuracy.
- Partner with FP&A and other operational groups (AR, AP, Netex) to assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management, suggest ways to reduce costs, increase revenue and maximize profits.
- Partner with FP&A and Financial Reporting for both internal and external reporting.
- Support Accounting Managers and Director of Accounting on projects, process improvements and workflow documentations.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Assistance with financial audits.
- Ability to analyze complex financial information and communicate results to Director of Accounting.
- A team-player with a positive attitude and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A self-motivator with a focus on continuous process improvement and developing efficient ways to support the business.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Assist with mentoring and training of Staff and Senior Accountants.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with Oracle, sales force a plus.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- A self-motivator taking the initiative to look into details and propose efficient ways to improve the financials.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
Base salary range: $78,113-$81,491
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time