Sr. Accountant at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sr. Accountant of Corporate Accounting ensures the accuracy and timely completion of certain corporate accounting function. This position will report to the Director of Corporate Accounting and will interact closely with various departments across the Company including, but not limited to, the compensation and benefits group, finance, accounting, and other corporate departments.
- Timely and accurate completion of the accounting for various functions including, but not limited to, compensation and benefits and company cost centers.
- Interact closely with FP&A to assess financials and ensure accuracy.
- Preparation of account and variance analysis.
- Report monthly results to management.
- Manage shared services allocation process for both BS and P&L as part of month-end close.
- Maintain and publish monthly Foreign exchange rates.
- Completion of various account reconciliations.
- Preparation of various audit schedules and gathering of audit support.
- Subject matter expert on account and hierarchy structure within Oracle and Onestream.
- Support the Director and Company Controller on projects, process improvements and workflow documentation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 4 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
- Telecom industry experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Oracle, Onestream or Salesforce, a plus;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, time management, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work effectively across the Company’s various business units and locations;
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and exercise judgment in fast paced and changing environment;
- Ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and produce quality work while dealing with interruptions;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; if necessary.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave