Sr. Accountant at Church Community Builder
Church Community Builder is a company with a purpose - We help churches grow disciples. We do that by creating world-class software and partnering with churches to engage people and make an impact on the world. With over 16 years in the industry, Church Community Builder is a trusted partner to over 4,000 churches and growing.
Our culture is professional with a focus on collaboration. We value teamwork and relationships that deliver results. In order to foster a close-knit team, we provide unique opportunities like staff retreats, company meals, and weekly Q&A session with the CEO. We look for people who love solving problems, love to engage in possibilities, and are hungry for results.
What you will do as a Sr. Accountant:
- Prepare financial analysis, statements, reports, and forecasts
- Compliance procedures and analysis including 1099's, income tax returns, 401k plan testing, liability insurance audits, and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Process accounts receivable and payable as well as bank reconciliations and expense processes
- Continuously analyze current automation of the accounting and reporting processes and recommend improvements
- Process accurate and timely payroll tasks, ensuring tax deposits and periodic payroll returns are filed and reconciled
- Maintain the company chart of accounts, reconcile balance sheet accounts, prepare journal entries, and provide detailed reporting for monthly and annual close process
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required with current CPA license preferred
- Five plus years of related experience in accounting required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of federal and state laws required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and tax law required
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality skills required
What you will get:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- Generous 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Company-paid staff retreats
- In-house workout facility
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or vulnerable single-parent homes
Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. The facility is a normal office environment with a variation of temperature and lighting.