Sr Accountant III - Payroll at GHX (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
The Senior Accountant III – Payroll assists the accounting department with monthly accounting and reconciliations with a focus on US compensation and benefits.
- Preparing reconciliations accurately and timely each month with a heavy focus on payroll and employee benefit related areas for US entities, with all reconciling items researched, documented, and resolved as appropriate.
- Performing operating flux analysis.
- Reviewing US payroll information and properly recording all related transactions in the general ledger via journal entries.
- Assisting with additional projects on an ad-hoc basis at the direction of the Accounting Manager.
- Analyzing operating costs and works with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to determine proper accruals.
- Ensuring the company financial records are kept in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Supporting projects within the accounting function to ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes, identify areas of improvement and subsequently implement new efficiencies.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining internal controls.
- Providing requested documentation to external auditors as well as accurately responding to questions related to that documentation.
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Strong work ethic - ability to prioritize and work in a demanding detail-oriented environment.
- Strong ethical and confidentiality standards are essential.
- Enthusiastic team player willing to assist others where necessary.
- Strong analytical, technological, communication and organizational skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly advanced skills in Excel.
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance.
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Payroll or commissions experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience using Oracle.
Estimated salary range for this position: $65,930 - $78,971
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.