Sr. Accountant, Financial Reporting at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About this role:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Financial Reporting team. You will play a key role in the Financial Reporting department during a dynamic period of growth and process transformation. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for taking ownership of various monthly and quarterly reporting processes, including preparing supporting schedules and analysis for internal and external reporting and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of SEC reporting, internal controls, and experience working in a publicly traded company. If you are an individual who excels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, this is the role for you.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly close
- Ensure all journal entries, account reconciliation's and reporting are prepared timely
- Prepare supporting schedules and analysis for quarterly and annual SEC Filings
- Prepare and/or review schedules related to the quarterly earnings release.
- Perform research on technical accounting issues, analyze complex balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Design and develop ad hoc reporting
- Participate in complex accounting, regulatory reporting, and other special projects as needed
- Assist in initiating, implementing and executing process improvements and controls
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience or combination public accounting and industry experience with SEC reporting experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Accounting; CPA highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP Technical accounting skills and ability to research various accounting issues
- Experience with Workiva wDesk preferred; HFM and NetSuite a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and highly effective planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!