SPV/MGR Securities Operations - Trading & Pricing at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Securities Operations Manager - Trading and Pricing (RPS), is responsible for the daily oversight and operations of the Trading and Investment Analysts and Senior Analysts. You will provide leadership, consultative coaching and direct management of the team whose main functions include analyzing and verifying financial and system information pertaining to retirement plan clients with total assets of $150 billion.
In addition, you are responsible for overseeing all pricing functions with respect to all qualified and non-qualified retirement plans serviced by RPS. You are also accountable for meeting internal and external driven deadlines and must ensure appropriate staffing and coverage to meet deliverables on time with 100% accuracy.
You are responsible for initiating, developing and implementing business strategies designed to mitigate risk and enhance client satisfaction. You will also be expected to proactively identify areas of risk and develop contingency plans to mitigate.
You will partner with and coordinate engagement from various external and internal groups, including but not limited to Outside Fund Companies, Custodians, Transfer Agents, Plan Administrators, Relationship Management, Equity Trading Desk, Conversions, Compliance, Legal, Client Administration, Control, Enterprise Support Services and Global Business Solutions & Technology Services.
What you will be doing
- Direct management of a team of analysts to ensure daily trading, investment set-up and pricing processes performed by the team are completed accurately, on schedule and according to policy/procedure to avoid financial risk and maintain service levels.
- Available for early morning, late evening and weekend escalations of critical trading and pricing functions.
- Resolves issues in situations that have not occurred before or been documented.
- Ensures contingency plans are updated and invoked in the event of system delays or transmission failures to minimize financial risks.
- Develops and tracks measurements, analyzes results, trends and errors to determine team's performance and identify potential process improvements.
- The Supervisor will maintain a high level of communication with their direct reports, management team and associates through regular one-on-one meetings, staff meetings, coaching sessions and sit-in sessions to make team aware and focused on business priorities, report on progress, and allow associates an opportunity to provide input and feedback.
- The Supervisor is responsible for creating a collaborative team dynamic that is focused on inclusive decision making, enabling open and honest dialogue. The Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring appropriate performance management, use of development plans and applying corrective action in a consistent and fair manner.
- Provides project management and coordinates large efforts regarding investment changes, trading, and high dollar fund and plan level events, and monitors daily activities through the team progress against milestones.
- Represents RPS to vendors, fund partners, and other financial institutions such as custodians, trustees, transfer agents, insurance companies and banks.
- Maintains relationships with contacts to ensure both normal and contingency activities will be executed promptly to minimize financial exposure.
- Drives changes throughout the organization by proactively identifying areas of risk and partnering with internal and external partners to move towards best practices.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, development and retention of Trading and Investment Analysts and Senior Analysts. Responsible for identifying developments needs and implementing strategies to improve the consultative client interaction skills of the analysts.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Coursework in investments/financial markets a plus.
- Typically requires five to ten years related industry experience.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business and participates in and/or establishes initiatives that contribute to the overall success of the enterprise
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Viewed as an expert resource by peers and coworkers, maintains a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to lead by example and motivate professional level staff
- Displays strong leadership qualities, decision making abilities, and strong business judgment
- Possesses strong personnel management skills
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team building, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Added bonus if you have:
- Prior experience with Trading, Investment, Pricing, or Reconciliation related activities
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$79,700-133,890
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.