Specialist - Financial Planning & Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Specialist – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a lead focal point within Ball Aerospace FP&A responsible for managing financial forecasts, reporting and analysis.
- Financial support and partnering with Executives, Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and Strategic Support Units (SSUs) (as assigned) including strong communications, financial reviews, reporting and analysis.
- Support the consolidation and reporting of key financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and Economic Value Added (EVA).
- Support SBU and SSU forecasting and budget processes.
- Support preparation of Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) for use in pricing contracts.
- Participate in and lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders including, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits of the FPRP.
- Support disclosure statement(s) updates and cost impact assessments.
- Mentoring, delegation, and task prioritization of Analyst(s), as required.
- Provide financial analysis of trends and other predictive measures of business performance to inform business decisions.
- Drive efficiencies into reporting and process automation through advanced knowledge of financial parameters with ability to synthesize key data.
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity and creativity. Challenges are frequently unique, and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Report indirect activity, re-compute indirect rates or other cost information including, but not limited to 3-Factor, cost of money, fringe, and intermediate pool allocations.
- Business Partner within Finance.
- Timely and accurate financial results and data aggregation.
- Data visualization, analysis, and reporting tools.
- Operational efficiencies that reduce process and handling.
- Raise financial acumen through training and engagement.
- Liaison with Data Analytics (MPA) and ITS.
- EVA analysis tools development, administration, and usage.
- Establish and maintain a network of key contacts.
- Prepare and present pertinent financial information up to the Executive level.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with all internal and external customers, including DCMA and DCAA.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve results within a team environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 10 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Aerospace experience with working knowledge of Government FAR/DFAR provisions and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Understanding of indirect rates implications on Program financials and Program estimates implications in indirect rates.
- Knowledge of overall financial and business functions within the company.
- Knowledgeable about impact of managing invested capital for EVA.
- Advanced ability to analyze data using financial tools and assess the (why) reasons for the trend with root cause understanding.
- Affinity for financial tools and data extraction.
- Creativity with financial presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be highly analytical.
- Ability to multi-task with discernment of priority order.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including: Word, PowerPoint and highly skilled in Excel, including pivot tables.
- Cost planning, budgeting, cost control, financial analysis, and reporting experience.
- Accounting and Financial Planning Tools/Systems/Applications including Adaptive Planning and BART experience.
- Highly proficient in data extraction and creating decision making information with recommendations.
- Skilled at transforming financial information into Executive reporting.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.