Senior Technical Accountant at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Senior Technical Accountant to work closely with Accounting Leadership in performing month-end close procedures and analysis, performing technical research, and assisting with the implementation of control procedures. You will be joining a growing team and be given the chance to take on high-impact responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures (journal entries, reconciliations, analysis) for revenue, equity, and other technical areas as needed.
- Manage Revenue Accountant, including review of entries and analysis prepared by them as well as assigning projects and tasks as needed.
- Review contracts and current business practice to identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies, including adherence to ASC 606.
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess impact on revenue recognition for proposed projects.
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks).
- Perform research on technical accounting matters and summarize in a memo format.
- Work with internal and external business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls framework.
- Create process documentation, accounting policies, and build supporting schedules for journal entries and analysis.
- Strive to continuously improve and automate the accounting and reporting process and implement proper financial controls, wherever possible.
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Accounting, CPA highly preferred. Deep understanding of US GAAP.
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, high tech industry and Big 4 experience preferred. Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus.
- Revenue recognition experience highly preferred, experience with ASC 606 a plus.
- NetSuite or other SAP or Oracle ERP system experience.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong technical research skills.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance required.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical business deadlines.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team environment.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, equity compensation, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and flexible PTO.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.