Senior Tax Analyst
Greater Denver Area
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Tax team is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded tax professional to join the team as the Senior Tax Analyst. This position will assist Tax Manager in the core tax function of Accounting and Compliance but will also have the opportunity to work on various ad-hoc projects, and be part of a growing company that's “Improving Lives Through Learning”.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual income tax provisions, including but not limited to ASC740-10 (FIN 48) reserve calculations, GL account reconciliations, return-to-provision, and tax journal entries
- Assist in filing global direct and indirect tax returns, and making related tax payments in a timely manner
- Assist in managing informational tax reporting for vendors in a coordinated effort with Accounting team
- Assist in preparing global tax forecast working closely with FP&A team
- Assist in responding to inquiries from tax authorities in connection to notices and examinations
- Assist in researching opportunities, risks, and other ad hoc projects
- Keep abreast of changes in tax statutes and regulations
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is desirable)
- 3+ years of tax accounting and compliance experience, preferably in Big 4 and/or technology industry.
- Ability to communicate or present issues in a clear and effective manner
- High work standards and strong work ethics
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and cross functional groups, results driven with high level of integrity
- Scale and process-oriented with high attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil). Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, paternity leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Udemy in the News:
Udemy and the Empire of Skills
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
Let's Not Fear The Future -- Let's Create It Together
Read Full Job Description