Senior – Revenue Recognition and Technical Accounting
This is a new position as our team is expanding!
The Senior – Revenue Recognition and Technical Accounting evaluates and provides feedback and summaries of recent or pending transaction structures, and supports the organization to help reduce the risk of a misstatement of revenue or other pervasive business risks for Arrow Electronics, Inc. The Senior is responsible for detailed and accurate work product, providing thorough analyses of transaction structure, and effectively summarizing issues encountered to the Manager – Revenue Recognition and Technical Accounting and other members of management. In this role, the Senior supports internal relationships across various organizations within the business, develops relationships with various client groups and employee levels, maintains/updates/develops current process and SOX controls, and performs other tasks as needed.
Critical to succeeding in this role is the ability to take ownership of areas, to critically think through an array of scenarios and gain a detailed understanding and critically-thinking through proposed transaction structures. Additionally, the ability to provide detailed and business-savvy feedback to various levels of management, and the ability to be a part of a dynamic and energetic team within a fast-paced organization will enable success in this role.
What Youll' Be Doing
- Perform monthly and quarterly SOX controls that relate to global revenue practices (20%)
- Includes exposure to members of Senior Management
- Serve as contact for global parts testing and database maintenance to help ensure accuracy of revenue presentation
- Perform critical analysis of pending transaction structures proposed by the business (20%)
- Assist in developing / assessing key and non-key SOX controls with the SOX Compliance Group (5%)
- Determine appropriate Revenue Recognition practices across a wide array of business types for various geographical regions (10%)
- Assist in Technical Accounting matters as needed to support the organization (10%)
- Technical accounting position papers.
- Accounting standard implementations.
- Serve as a liaison to the business and a resource for various accounting questions and projects (10%)
- Maintain / update summary listing of accounting issues, work with management to summarize key issues and exposure items, and clearly articulate summaries and positions taken (10%)
- Work closely with Corporate Audit and the external auditors for coordinating audits and reviews. (15%)
What You'll Need
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting required, 2-3 years’ experience with “Big 4” preferred.
- Typically requires 4–5 years of related experience with a 4 year degree.
- or 3 years’ experience with technical accounting experience from industry.
- CPA desired
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions to support worldwide operations.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Well-developed interpersonal skillset and polished business acumen.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, when necessary.
- Detail oriented & Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with varying levels of colleagues.
- Strong familiarity of accounting principles.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
What’s In It For You
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)