Senior Revenue Manager at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. We’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space - growing at more than 30% every year, with a market capitalization of over $25 billion!
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a skilled and professional individual for the Sr. Revenue Manager role. Reporting to the Director of Revenue, this position has a critical and highly visible role in the process design, implementation, documentation, operations, and accurate recording of revenue. The Senior Revenue Manager has ownership of all accounting aspects of revenue recognition and must understand, analyze, and communicate financial impacts to revenue throughout the organization.
- Global partner and the Revenue subject matter expert collaborating with Sales, Legal, and Business Development teams to review and evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition
- Act as the primary technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise during contracts review and new product introduction
- Manage end to end process (including design, implementation or testing) of Order to cash process
- Handle a large volume of data and applying data analytics as part of close process or in public accounting; Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with accounting rules
- Develop/Update/Manage Company Revenue Accounting Policy; whitepaper or accounting memos to support Company’s position or policy election on certain revenue recognition issues
- Work with the FP&A team to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models and new product introductions
- Be actively involved in the design and implementation of new revenue accounting requirements under ASC606
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis and other reporting requirements
- Manage VSOE and BESP and other revenue recognition related analysis
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms and CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a public company environment
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing License, SaaS, OEM, and Professional Services contracts to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605-25, SAB 104, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14
- Working knowledge of the new revenue recognition guidance under ASC606\ERP System Implementation experience (a plus)
- Experience with SFDC and NetSuite (a plus)
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadline
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company, including Sales, Legal, and Product Management
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milkstork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.