Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our general ledger accounting team. You will play a key role in the month-end accounting close process. This role provides a great foundation in corporate general ledger accounting and an introduction to Angi's business operations.
The Senior Accountant will carry out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department. As a key member of our Accounting team, you will play an integral role in providing critical financial support that empowers our business leaders to make sound decisions.
What you’ll do
- Own end-to-end process of revenue recognition and above-margin close across multiple entities
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure our accounting processes comply with GAAP
- Assist in designing internal controls and completing control narratives
- Perform and/or review other areas of monthly close including, but not limited to, prepaids, accruals and other assets
- Lead audit process walkthroughs & be audit’s first point of contact at for questions on these verticals
- Contribute to accounting team’s continuous process improvement and always consider ways to make our jobs more efficient
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (or related) field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years experience in accounting
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), especially as it relates to over-time revenue recognition
- Public accounting experience a plus, but not required
- MS Excel experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside the finance / accounting department
- Experience with Netsuite a plus, but not required
We value diversity
We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000 - $85,000 commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world