Senior, Real Estate Accounting at Prologis (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Senior, Real Estate Accounting
Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce as a member of the reporting team at a large multi-national corporation?
Our Real Estate Accounting team is responsible for the external reporting of our reporting portfolios (operating, development and land) and capital deployment activities for Prologis, a large multi-billion dollar global Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the S&P 500. This role would also record capital transactions, reconcile related real estate accounts and manage ad-hoc real estate related inquiries. You will be given the opportunity to interact with various internal teams in a complex and fast-paced environment. You should have a background in reporting, demonstrated leadership ability, strong analytical and decision-making skills and a desire to learn and develop others. The ideal candidate will be a go-getter with a doer mentality and a great attitude.
Here’s how to do that:
• Prepare and analyze financial information and supporting schedules, including our capital deployment activities, for both internal and external reporting in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Comprehend all policies and procedures related to real estate accounting including understanding of internal control systems and monitoring of the related processes
• Assist with the global reporting of our reporting portfolios (operating, development and land), as well as dispositions/contributions, acquisitions, development starts and development stabilizations
• Record capital transactions (dispositions/contributions and acquisitions) for the U.S. and Canada
• Prepare global capitalized interest analysis for our development projects
• Prepare and analyze real estate related financial information in internal financial statements and assigned areas of the supplemental earnings release, Form 10-K, and Form 10-Q
• Prepare account reconciliations for real estate accounts to assess validity, correctness and appropriateness of balances; preparing adjusting entries when required
• Assist accounting teams and other departments to complete real estate related projects and ad-hoc requests
• Support the external auditors during audits and interim reviews, including requests and other pertinent documentation
• Provide recommendations for improving current practices
• Perform other duties as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field
• 3+ years general accounting experience
• Have a strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner. Use feedback and reflection to own self-development
• Create a positive team spirit, support company and department initiatives and effectively cross-train other team members
• Ability to effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines at one time with limited direction from supervisor
• Demonstrate strong analytic and organizational skills in completing both routine and complex tasks
• Identify areas of continuous improvement with current processes and systems and propose potential solutions
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with peers, development managers and deployment teams; provide a high degree of customer service to the operations teams and be cognizant of situations where supervisors need to become involved
• Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the functional and cultural lines of a fast-paced, high-volume global company
• Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures within the real estate industry
• Conscientious, detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results and reports within required deadlines
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word. Knowledge of PeopleSoft general ledger a plus
Hiring Salary Range of: $67,000-84,000, Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vison insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please call 303-567-5232. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely-held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-HB
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time