Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
The Senior Pricing Analyst will partner with the Sales, Customer Success, and Business Development teams to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our sales and renewal processes. You will be responsible for analyzing price and cost data as the primary Finance representative in developing pricing for Checkr’s various product offerings and packages. You will partner with executives across the company to optimize yields and margin, directly impacting the top line. You will also be responsible for providing analytical and process support on complex, non-standard deals, and facilitating approvals from the relevant internal decision-makers (e.g. Sales / CS leadership, Finance, Legal, Executive team). You will proactively contribute to evolving our pricing model, analyzing deal performance to identify trends, creating pricing templates and building pre-approved approaches to commercial deal structure and discounts.
- Define standard deal criteria and approval processes
- Partner with Sales, CS, and Legal to solve for non-standard deal terms
- Analyze historical and future price data to track deal performance against margin guidelines, identifying levers for profitability uplift and flagging outliers
- Maintain up-to-date pricing benchmarks and use this data to enhance our pricing philosophy
- Develop and refine new frameworks for evaluating a deal’s attractiveness, and ensure alignment between these frameworks and Checkr’s long-term strategy
- 5+ years of experience working in Finance, Data Analytics or Sales Operations (preferably with some experience in a Deal Desk function)
- 3+ years of experience creating and/or leveraging pricing models to evaluate deal proposals
- Experience with and passion for data analytics, metrics and dashboards
- Background in analyzing pricing, financial, and market data, cost estimation, and negotiations
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and an interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it's needed
- A proven track-record of driving business results without significant supervision
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $88,400-$104,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.