Senior Payroll & Equity Administration Accountant at CircleCI
CircleCI is building a first-class Payroll team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our values. The ideal candidate has amazing attention to detail, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to think creatively for problem solving and solutions. Are you excited about bringing you expertise to our team to build and sustain processes? We're looking for process improvers that can easily pick up and be responsible for the payroll operations function with minimal direction and take pride in helping scale our rapidly growing company!What you'll do:Payroll duties
- Preparing and reconciling the US semi-monthly multi-state payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees on a timely basis for 300+ employees
- Preparing international monthly payrolls in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Japan
- Ensure US payroll compliance with all current federal/state laws and collaborate closely with the international payroll providers to ensure the accuracy, compliance, and timely processing of payroll and any annual payroll reporting.
- Design, build and implement processes to fill gaps that arise as we continue to grow our company in conjunction with our Accounting & People teams.
- Calculate and prepare monthly accruals for employee bonuses, commissions, paid time off, etc. for all entities
- Record all payroll journal entries and maintain balance sheet + income statement payroll reconciliations for all entities
- Maintain necessary procedures and internal controls related to payroll accounting
- Provide excellent employee experience as the first point of contact for all internal payroll inquiries
- Assist with implementing and maintaining payroll policies and procedures
- Assist the payroll team with ad-hoc projects, including year-end payroll filings, audit requests, financial and tax reporting
- Support payroll system implementation requirements, workflow design, user acceptance testing, training, go-live execution
- Collaborate closely with the People team, our Finance team and external payroll partners to not only process payroll, but to also identify and improve payroll workflows (ex. compensation increases, employee movement within teams, 401k administration, company leave program, benefit additions, etc.)
- Record all equity award activity (grants, exercise, cancellations) within Carta
- Monitor equity pool reserves, exercises and vesting events
- Assist in responding to equity award related questions from employees
- Record stock transactions in payroll as needed ensuring income and taxes associated with employee equity activity (i.e., exercises, vesting) are properly recorded on W-2s and taxes are remitted timely to tax authorities
- Partner with the People Team to ensure timely and accurate employee transactions and to provide ad hoc support
- Prepare annual Form 3921s and 1099-NEC for stock option exercises
- 4+ years of experience in similar position with experience and solid understanding of payroll reporting required
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Must have experience processing payroll in the US and multiple countries
- Experience using sophisticated Payroll & HRIS systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel & collaborating within G-Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, high level of ethics, and exercise utmost discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills, project management, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.