Senior Manager, FP&A at Evolve (Remote)
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 17,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
This is a great opportunity to join a small but mighty Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group which is working to support our rapidly growing organization. Evolve offers the stability of a larger organization (with solid revenue and funding) coupled with all the fun of a department that is growing and developing. You will have the opportunity to bring all of your prior experience to manage a team of at least two analysts with a focus on the Property Acquisition and Customer Experience business units. You will own the relationship with the business leaders of both teams as a part of annual planning and monthly forecasting, while also performing new analyses to help improve all aspects of the business. You will build upon our Lifetime Value calculations, implementing and standardizing reporting that will be used by our leadership team to continue to optimize and improve our acquisition strategy. You will be a key player in the monthly forecast process, working closely with the business units to understand variances and ensure accuracy of the future looking forecast. You’ll have the opportunity and autonomy to implement best practices, learn and grow.
What you’ll do
Evolve’s business is complex and dynamic. We have multiple customer and partner types and an expanding suite of products and services while operating in a fast-changing, high-growth industry. In an environment like this, the FP&A function plays a critical role in helping the company forecast, plan, analyze opportunities, invest, become more efficient, and communicate with investors and third parties.
You will work closely with the business leaders of the Property Acquisition and Customer Experience teams through Monthly Business Reviews as well as on an ad-hoc basis. You will own the Lifetime Value calculations, cost per trip analysis, sales forecasting, as well as forecasts of all the G&A and support functions.
- Understand the entire acquisition process from marketing and lead gen all the way to Onboarding and activation. You will regularly conduct and manage analyses of different business considerations and scenarios to understand key performance indicators and metrics across the organization
- Perform continual analysis of current performance (noting recent historical trends) and conduct re-forecasting to make necessary adjustments in close collaboration across teams
- Build and improve Lifetime value models to understand the cost and return of investing in property acquisition. This includes modeling the ROI of additional sales reps, the cost of losing inventory, and any associated ongoing costs
- Partner with business leadership to create, track, analyze, and update models and future projections for the growth of the business
- Help to construct and work with financial models to support the monthly forecasts and annual operating plan
- Own and present the Monthly and Quarterly reviews with Property Acquisition and Customer Experience business leadership
- Provide proactive suggestions and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and productivity within the Property Acquisition and Customer Experience teams
- Business Partnering: You will build strong relationships and collaborate with business leaders to become a trusted advisor who highlights risks, spots opportunities, and builds models to improve business decisions
- Provide proactive suggestions and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and productivity regarding financial planning
What makes you a great fit
- 7+ years in an FP&A role, with experience in planning, financial modeling, or relevant experience
- 3-4 years of people management experience required
- Degree in Finance, Business or a related field
- SQL experience is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in reporting, modeling, and analysis in Excel
- Experience with Lifetime Value calculations a plus
- A drive to figure it out, build it, and make it better
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior teammates in all areas defined above
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $136,000 to $156,000, depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.