Senior Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis
This role will support the development and monitoring of budgets, financial forecasts, rate development and other special projects within the Tactical Solutions Financial Planning & Analysis organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the SBU and FP&A management in long-range strategic and operating plans, financial forecasts, and performance analysis.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely financial forecasts, budgets and rates in all aspects aligned with policies, processes, tools, and instructions.
- Support business tool selections, revisions, and implementation.
- Support decisions with Economic Value Added (EVA) analysis.
- Support operations that are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with best practices.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Support SBU or functional requests and special projects.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal growth and management visibility.
- Support the development of overall objectives, strategies, and long-range goals of personnel.
- Oversee lessons learned documentation, assessment & implementation of corrective action/improvements.
- Support business risk resolution and opportunity identification and implementation.
- Provide guidance to managers, department personnel, and other employees regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Support the development and audit of the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP).
- Understand indirect activity and allocation methods.
- Support disclosure statement updates and cost impact assessments.
- Hire and manage staff in accordance with Company policies.
- Develop goals and measure performance in alignment with Company, SBU, and Finance goals.
- Complete performance reviews for all assigned personnel.
- Develop, support, and promote finance training.
- Develop and maintain department budget.
- Inspire self and others, make lasting connections and achieve results within a team environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- US Government contracting experience with FAR and CAS understanding preferred.
- Understanding of business and program requirements with performance implications on the financial aspects of the business.
- Finance leadership with the management skills to set direction and create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines.
- Ability to prioritize operational and project tasks and instill accountability.
- Ability to identify talent, providing sufficient autonomy and accountability, while building a highly functioning Team.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision making and priority setting through critical thinking skills.
- Drive for results and execution excellence, with financial and Aerospace business acumen.
- Team building and organizational skills.
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Preferred tool knowledge:
- Workday Adaptative Planning / budget and rates tools
- Ball Aerospace Resource Tool (BART)
- Deltek Costpoint
- Microsoft: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Business Objects
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $118,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.