Senior Manager, Finance Operations at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for an operational leader to build our Finance Operations team. The Sr. Manager of Finance Operations will combine business process, system knowledge and technical expertise to create an ecosystem where tools such as Netsuite can scale to support our growing business. This will include a digital transformation of our existing Accounting universe, and building+overseeing a system administration team.
The Sr. Manager, Finance Operations is a high visibility, high impact role where you’ll work closely with the leaders across the company and executives. You will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with various partners. You’ll have the chance to build strategic and scalable systems that will help make CircleCI an extraordinary organization and an excellent place to work
You must be a collaborative leader, have a strong process architecture mentality and system implementation experience in the areas of Finance/Accounting/Quote-to-Cash. In this role, you will work with project owners and sponsors to deliver systems, process and platform solutions to meet CircleCI’s business needs. Experience in a fast-growing SAAS/consumption-based environment is highly valued. The role resides in the CircleCI Central Operations organization and reports directly to the Head of Operations.What you'll do
- Oversee the overall system architecture that results in financial reporting, including proprietary systems, Netsuite and other financial software packages
- Define a roadmap to enhance SaaS Financial ecosystems (Quoting, billing, payment, Revenue, Accounting, etc.)
- Drive initiatives to improve performance and efficiency of Netsuite and other financial systems
- Be responsible for the consumption of financial data from CircleCI’s proprietary systems for financial reporting; champion data accuracy, integrity, transferability, and ease of use from system to system (e.g. disbursements system, front office ledger, back office ledger, Netsuite)
- Play a key role procurement process and integration architecture decisions
- Lead key initiatives and delivery of a wide range of projects that drives business growth in support of the broader organization's vision
- Represent the accounting team in collaboration with Sales, Legal, Product, and Engineering, Customer Success, Sales Operations, FP&A, IT and other functions to carry out key deliverables and achieve business objectives
- Participate in the development of product areas touching finance by authoring spec documents, reviewing specs, attending regular development syncs, and reviewing stages of software development output (e.g. ledger entries, reports, integrations results)
- Develop robust system documentation; support financial and internal control audits
- Work closely other accounting sub-teams on application of reporting policies and procedures
- Exercise advance planning and judgment to prioritize and advocate for any system builds or fixes required for financial reporting in the short term to long term
- Participate in any day-to-day system troubleshooting exercises causing reconciliation breaks or other reporting failures
- Support comprehensive finance & accounting transformations. Lead efforts in requirements gathering, testing and workflow developments
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data to find opportunities for improvement; implementation partners, architects, developers and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Design and run program standards that can be widely adopted, including recognized standards, work procedures, application, quality objectives, lessons learned, change management methods, and critical metrics for assessing progress
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in implementing one or more SaaS/Cloud financial systems (eg, Oracle/Netsuite, Workday, Salesforce, etc.)
- Track record in handling Netsuite Administration team and a strong understand of the system administration needs yourself
- Experience in program management, business architecture, end to end workflow design and implementation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus. Able to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts and experts alike
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall. Project planning/execution skills that include reviewing technical design documents, estimating, and scheduling
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of impact when changes occur to scope or timeline
- Experience with Financial & Accounting systems transformations desired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Finance/Business, Data science or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Finance system architecting for E-commerce platform is strongly preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.