Senior Inventory/Cost Accountant at PopSockets LLC
Senior Inventory / Cost Accountant
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Senior Inventory / Cost Accountant to the crew. The Senior Inventory / Cost Accountant will be responsible for performing inventory analysis and maintaining financial reports, records and general ledgers. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of inventory accounting, including the analysis of system to 3PL variances, inventory reserve calculations, and performing related account reconciliations. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Develop inventory analysis reports and analyze variances
- Collaborate with the IT & Operations teams to assess inventory variances between system and 3PL counts
- Diagnose the cause of inventory variances; plan, document and implement solutions to address overall variances
- Perform monthly accounting activities, including the preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciling the inventory and cost of goods sold accounts to the general ledger, and reporting
- Assist with the preparation of monthly budget vs. actuals variance analyses
- Actively work with the Accounting Manager and accounting staff to develop and operate standard period-end closing schedules and procedures
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with Supply Chain to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Assist with the execution and/or supervision of inventory existence procedures (wall-to-wall physical inventories and/or cycle count procedures) for company managed and third party locations; investigate cycle count variances and resolve issues
- Assist with the preparation of schedules and/or reports required by external auditors in connection with the audit of the annual financial statements
- Review, analyze and update current costing practices within the Company
- Other duties to be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Big 4/Public Audit experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- A minimum of six years’ experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- Manufacturing of CPG industry experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory
- ERP experience required, strong preference for Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.