Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior IT Internal Audit to join Twilio’s Internal Audit team to support and/or lead various internal audit initiatives. The team is focused on process improvements through not only its SOX program but also operational internal audits, including data analytics to help the business mature systems and processes, increasing efficiency and scalability while maintaining internal controls to mitigate risks. Reporting to the Internal Audit, this position will work closely with internal audit teams and other Twilio functional teams to support both IT SOX and Internal Audit activities.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of supporting internal audit and SOX engagements focused on information technology and platforms. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience (Big 4 experience is a plus) and strong understanding and experience with Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) requirements, IT general controls, IT application controls, SOC audits and other IT related audits
- Experience and knowledge of platform companies and homegrown systems is preferred
- Excellent project manager in a creative and fast paced environment to drive results timely and on budget, and ability to work independently and as a part of a team, including managing contractors
- Understanding of risk and internal control concepts, risk assessment, auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to perform control deficiency impact and severity assessments
- Experience performing data analytics and professional certification (CISA, CIA, CPA, PMP, etc.) is a plus
As the Senior IT Internal Auditor, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD - Assist with managing the IT SOX compliance and IT internal audit efforts, including scoping, execution and reporting
- DRAW THE OWL - Assist with process and control documentation, process improvement for new products/systems/processes as we scale and expand
- WRITE IT DOWN - Prepare working papers to document control testing and/ IT audit procedures performed
- BE INCLUSIVE & WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES - Collaborate with business partners, develop practical, innovative and feasible recommendations to remediate internal audit and SOX findings and improve systems and processes
Internal Audit is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior management to identify and evaluate key business risks and recommend actions to mitigate risks while improving and maturing processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.