Senior General Ledger Accountant at AMP Robotics
Senior General Ledger Accountant, 2/16/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Senior General Ledger Accountant reporting to Accounting Manager to focus on preparing journal entries, reconciling financial statements and accounts, and ensuring data accuracy. The Senior GL Accountant will support our Accounting and Finance teams and be based in Louisville, CO. The Senior GL Accountant will also have opportunities to work with finance senior leadership as well as management across our other departments.
As our Senior GL Accountant, you will work to:
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy
- Assist with review of Accounts Payable (review payments of vendor invoices, receipts, and reimbursements; reconcile vendor statements)
- Process Accounts Receivable (prepare billings for customer contracts)
- Process revenue recognition transactions
- Review financial records, processes, and accounts to ensure accuracy
- Reconcile various bank accounts by compiling and balancing financial information
- Correct accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustments
- Prepare fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Update and maintain general ledger accounts
- Assist with preparation and review of sales and use tax returns and registrations
- Identify pain points in AMP’s accounting processes and develop solutions to solve them
- Be a driving force for quality and transparency within the accounting team and the company overall
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable with cloud based applications
- Experience with NetSuite (ERP) a plus
- Experience with AvaTax sales tax software a plus
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Experience with cross-functional communication and customer interaction
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with NetSuite, Avalara/Avatax, Expensify, and/or Bill.com
- Public accounting experience
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in an accounting role
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO (partial remote considered)
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $80,000-90,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.