Senior Financial Controls & Assurance Manager at Zoom Video Communications
About the Team
Internal Audit is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Controls & Assurance Manager to take a lead role in the execution and delivery of Zoom's Financial Controls Compliance (SOX) Program. This is a high-visibility role that is uniquely positioned to have a meaningful impact on Zoom's financial processes and control environment. You will report to Internal Audit's Financial Controls and Assurance Leader and will program manage Zoom's annual SOX program from start to finish.
You will have experience forging business partnerships across the organization to promote efficient understanding and delivery of SOX program activities to meet Zoom's Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) goals. Working across all levels and departments of the organization, you plan, orchestrate, and accomplish multiple project workstreams using your knowledge of internal control concepts and advanced project management skills, keeping executive management informed of overall program status and any issues to achieving program goals as you go. This is a US-based position with the opportunity to work remotely with a preference to Denver, CO or San Francisco Bay Area.. You will travel domestically and internationally (when applicable).About the Role
- Help set the global strategy for the Zoom's SOX Compliance Program and act as a central coordination point and expert to ensure appropriate ICFR activities (both manual and system) are designed to reduce financial statement risks and tested to demonstrate operational effectiveness.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of Zoom's risks and controls, advising process owners on ways to automate and scale processes and increase business process and audit efficiency.
- Support management's annual financial risk assessment, SOX scoping and annual planning activities.
- Oversee ongoing project management of the SOX program, including overseeing the coordination efforts between Financial Controls and Assurance Team members, third-party co-sourced providers, external auditors, and internal business process, system, and control owners.
- Coordinate with external auditors and internal process and system owners on end-to-end process and system control walkthroughs across the enterprise to evaluate the design and effectiveness of processes, risks, essential controls, and important reports
- Evaluate internal control deficiencies and partner with business and system owners to identify root cause and advise on action plans to improve issues.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, Enterprise Risk Management, Financial Accounting or business process related functions or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience building an end-to-end SOX compliance program for a multinational, large-accelerated filer. Experience in a SAAS or telecom company environment.
- Experience using Tableau, Lucidchart, GRC tools, or other data visualization and process documentation tools.
- Analyze facts and present concise, detailed, and clear oral and written reports.
- Expert knowledge of ICFR principles and guidance (e.g. COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework, SEC Interpretive guidance, PCAOB auditing standards)
- Demonstrate a desire to creatively identify root causes and provide management with recommendations to avoid business risks and improve our processes.
- Experience in design and implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other controls monitoring technologies to support performance of internal controls.
- Recognized professional certification(s) (CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Project Management Professional certification or Risk Management Professional certification.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram