Senior Financial Analyst at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our growing finance team. The Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst will assist with GTM financial planning and analysis (FP&A), cross-departmental initiatives including budgeting & forecasting, monthly & board reporting, strategic decision support, as well as Revenue Forecasting and other ad hoc reporting and analysis. The position is a high-visibility role supporting the GTM leadership and will require building strong working relationships across the company at all levels of the organization. This position reports to the Director of FP&A, GTM.What you'll do:
- Support Marketing and Customer Engineering leaders on annual operating plan, quarterly/monthly forecasting, and manage Opex and headcount for all GTM budget owners. Provide BVA analysis and monthly/quarterly management reports.
- The ability to build models by identifying and incorporating key inputs to project financial results. Understand drivers of expense mitigation and optimization techniques.
- Construct, develop, and maintain highly complex bookings and assumption-based models to forecast revenue and MRR by products.
- Develop insightful and measurable ad-hoc analyses as needed. Analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Provide practical and consultative financial guidance to drive business decision-making, and perform return on investment analysis to assist decision making.
- Partner with the GTM department leadership to drive strategic resource allocation decisions.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with, ideally, 3+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, or investing banking. GTM experience preferred.
- Proactive and driven. A self-starter who can work with minimal guidance and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Operating with a sense of urgency, articulating roadblocks or knowledge gaps as they arise, in order to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent follow through on direction and assignment to help build world class financial deliverables. Have the initiative and drive to work through deliverables that have not been created to set a baseline for future department projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; has previously been in a role where communication to external partners was a key component
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Given a business question, you can independently design and implement an analysis, gather the required inputs from key partners, and iterate/adjust as needed
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel (you are someone that uses keyboard shortcuts, tables/ lookups, pivot tables, and likely prefer a PC)
- Experience analyzing large data sets and working with financial systems (Netsuite/Planful) preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $111,500 - $131,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level