Senior Financial Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a critical role on the Financial Planning & Strategy (FP&S) team. The FP&S team is responsible for the financial decision-making across the organization. We partner with business teams to inform and guide various projects and initiatives. Your role is to provide critical reporting and analysis across a wide variety of business units, with a particular focus on the Product and Engineering organizations. This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional and, as such, the candidate must be inquisitive, demonstrate initiative and be able to thrive in a collaborative environment. The right candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills to influence data-driven business decisions. You will combine your financial modeling skills with knowledge of the business to become a trusted business partner throughout the organization.
- Develop actionable reporting, analysis and KPI tracking to help the organization gain key insights into drivers of growth and efficiency opportunities. Provide root-cause variance explanations against budget and forecast to understand and explain drivers
- Lead strategic financial planning and forecast processes across different departments (e.g., monthly reviews, annual operating plan, long-range planning)
- Be the go-to financial partner for data driven, ad-hoc analysis and prepare strategic materials for key management meetings (Board presentations, All Hands, monthly close meetings) summarizing findings, risks, opportunities and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Product and Engineering
What you bring:
- 3-6 years of relevant progressive Finance experience in a fast-paced and high growth environment, including FP&A, investment banking or consulting
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with experience building financial models
- Ability to set and keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Experience working in technical or go-to-market fields preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bonus: Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership and transportation reimbursements
- Catered meals and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.