Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for supporting the Operations/Engineering team to include but not limited to managing Capital Project Monitoring & Control processes.Supports the Operations and Engineering function with ad-hoc analysis and financial simulations. Acts as liaison between Operations/Engineering and Procurement, GBS, Regional Capital team and Finance on Capital Growth Projects.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Provides project monitoring and control to include tracking project spend to ensure only authorized and appropriate costs are charged to projects. Monitors and reports project spend to ensure projects don’t overrun budget. Tracks project execution against planned timeline and facilitates timeline adjustments as required.
- Assists Project Managers by providing Operations/Engineering data to Regional Finance teams to support the development of Capital Growth project AFE’s
- Coordinates with GBS to ensure accurate setup of capital project budgets in the ERP systems upon AFE approval.
- Coordinates with Procurement to deliver equipment specifications developed by Project Manager to assist in equipment ordering process. Tracks and monitors equipment orders and deliveries.
- Oversees the development of cash flow forecast for Capital Growth projects by coordinating with Regional Finance teams.
- Maintains a working relationship with regional and GBS accounting teams to understand monthly reporting and support of accurate accounting treatment and financial results, include review of accruals and payments.
- Partners with GBS to support accurate and timely capitalization and close-out of projects, including development and review of FA100 capitalization form.
- Collaborates with Project Sourcing Coordinator to hand off projects from authorization-process-steps to execution-process-steps.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in field usually acquired through college Degree or graduate level education or work-related experience, .
- Job related experience for 3 to 7 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, Economic Value Added (EVA), business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, JDE Enterprise One, and Essbase, preferred.
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business problems to executive management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Analytical to develop new efficiency process-steps for capital authorization and tracking.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans