Senior Financial Analyst ~ High Growth Co at Webroot, an OpenText company
As a key member of our Finance, Planning & Analysis team you will be able to display the full range of your financial and accounting skills on a wide variety of projects that will help management to understand our day-to-day operations and allow them to make key judgment calls from the data you've uncovered, analyzed and refined. We suggest you bring your track shoes to work as the pace of our technology development and business growth is fast. You'll gain career-defining experience in this mid-career, highly visible role at a growing technology company. Join an organization that welcomes new ideas, innovative thinking and offers you avenues for growth.
As our Broomfield, Colorado-based, Sr Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and analysis of complex models. Providing detailed insight into variances against plan and trends that will be utilized in board and management reporting. Working cross-functionally with accounting, business intelligence, and various other teams to receive knowledge and inputs needed to provide the highest level of insight and support into these models for the business. Annual budgeting and ad hoc analysis and reporting will also be key requirements of this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Core financial forecasting for expenses, and capital expenditures
- Partnering with HR and key managers for annual workforce planning, quarterly workforce audits, and weekly workforce forecast and report maintenance
- Close process duties, including expense review, trend analysis, variance analysis to Plan, revenue review, and cash review
- Generating the annual corporate fiscal Plan
- Maintaining and driving department structure information, including management ownership, used to automate reporting and expense approval processes
- Comprehensive expense contract review and approval against forecasts for purchases over $5000
- Recommending actions by analyzing and interpreting data, and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials
- Creating forecasts of future business conditions using multiple scenarios
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years in a Senior Financial Analyst role, preferably in a SAAS organization
- Training in a related field, acquired through college level education or work-related experience, BA/BS Finance/Accounting/Business preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Oracle or equivalent software, general business and economic understanding
- Experience with Financial forecasting tools, such as Host Analytics, Hyperion, etc
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to build and understand complex Excel models
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis on projects and a variety of business problems to top management
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to interact with top-level business leaders
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make recommendations
Beyond the necessary analytical skills, which are paramount, you should be a strong and effective communicator, comfortable in a group setting and able to successfully convey conceptual ideas and data modeling rationale. You'll need to be strong in organization and prioritization and other project-related skills.
Opportunities abound here to add more breadth and depth to your career skills. Come join our team today.