Senior Financial Analyst - Contract Administrator at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Supports Beverage Packaging North & Central America sales contract administration and compliance including pricing, accounting treatment and financial analyses. Administers contract administration systems.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Administers and reconciles customer contract provisions including financial analyses related to contract compliance.
- Calculates and reviews monthly sales accruals and creates periodic customer financial settlements of accrued amounts.
- Reviews and approves sales accrual related manual billings, credits and payments.
- Supports the calculation of budget, forecast and actual key customer contract periodic price changes.
- Supports required analysis for revenue recognition, internal and external audit support, and SOX controls.
- Assists with system related process maintenance and improvements in regards to contract administration
- Assists with the maintenance of standard sales contract language and sales contract drafting.
- Supports the division’s management approval process including EVA based financial analysis for the renewal of existing customer sales contracts and new customer contract pricing and contract development.
- Performs financial analyses related to the initial contract creation of global and regional key accounts in regards to pricing, terms and margin.
- Prepares special analysis projects as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas, or ability to learn quickly: JD Edwards software,SalesForce, Essbase, all aspects of the metal beverage container industry, especially in the areas of manufacturing, finance, business principles and practices, customer relations
- Understanding of accounting in income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate complex ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer with advanced skills in Excel. Must also be proficient in accessing and understanding data from financial systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations required for analysis of pricing and contracts.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000- $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans