Senior Financial Accountant at Funding Circle
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
As a Senior Accountant on our team at Funding Circle you get to…
Assist with the month and year-end close, provide audit support, and help improve our accounting processes. You’ll be responsible for understanding and analyzing significant business transactions and operations and helping ensure appropriate accounting for them.. You will be an integral member of the growing Finance team and will help us continue to build out our ability to prepare high quality financial reports for management and investors.The ideal candidate will be both experienced and confident in all aspects of finance and accounting.
You’ve been there and done this...
- Excellent ability to apply accounting principles, including experience with analysis and recording of revenue and expenses and understanding of financial instruments accounting.
- Extensive understanding of US GAAP; exposure to IFRS a plus.
- Experience in general ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, processing and recording of cash transactions, and appropriate documentation and explanation of accounting decisions and conclusions.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve process efficiencies and internal controls; willingness to challenge current processes and make them better
It would be great if you also have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent discipline.
- 2-5 years of auditing or accounting experience from a top accounting firm
- CPA license strongly preferred; Big 4 experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in Office tools, particularly Excel
- Interest in and understanding of financial technology and online lending
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, team-oriented start-up environment with long hour expectations when needed
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
- Experience with small business, commercial lending or investing
Why join us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.