Senior Federal Income Tax Manager at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry.
Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including
reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch
of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the
process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with
the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV
norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the
entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're
looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to
achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This role will be onsite in Englewood, CO
- Act as primary point of contact to IRS auditors and internal stakeholders for all audit-
- Lead the effort of addressing any audit findings, and mitigating and controlling any
potential ramifications and creating processes and controls to avoid future tax audit
findings in the future
- Manage day-to-day federal examination and notice responses, including tracking,
response research, coordination, and formulation
- Document significant tax positions, potential tax risks (including available mitigation
options), and uncertain tax positions
- Manage Federal Income Tax Compliance including review and timely filing of Tax
Returns, Extensions and Estimates
- Manage international tax filings including foreign withholding Tax
- Monitor and communicate to the management about developments in tax legislation
- Train and Mentor junior staff
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments across the business and with tax
authorities, external auditors, and service providers
- Research technical tax issues and prepare technical memoranda
- Collaborate with external consultants on various tax related projects, as assigned
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Accounting and/or Masters in Taxation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, preferred
- Five to six years of experience in tax return compliance, and tax controversy
- Working knowledge of Longview, CorpTax, and Alteryx is preferred. Advanced
knowledge of Excel and building complex models is required
- Exposure to, or willingness to learn about OneStream, Orbit Analytics, or similar
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fluid atmosphere, handle multiple projects and reset
Compensation: $100,100.00/Year - $165,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.