Senior Estate Planning Strategist at Personal Capital
Personal Capital gives you the clarity and confidence to achieve your financial goals.
Our free online tools combine all of your accounts in one place. A powerful dashboard provides deep insights and allows you to understand your total financial picture. Our expert advisors use these same tools to provide personalized wealth management that dynamically evolves with your changing life. As fiduciaries, we are legally bound to act in your best interest. With an emphasis on holistic planning, risk management, and after-tax returns, the focus is always on total value.
Transform how you track and manage your financial life with Personal Capital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Estate Planning Strategist will review current and prospective client estate plans and consults directly with Personal Capital Advisors and clients around wealth planning strategies, including:
- Reviewing and summarizing current estate plans, wills and trusts in order to help clients identify inefficiencies and opportunities.
- Providing insights and recommendations on how to improve outcomes based on the client’s personal financial circumstances and goals.
- Work to innovate and improve the current systematic methodology for delivering estate analysis to advisors and clients directly.
- Expand a national estate planning attorney network, providing clients with potential professional referrals.
Documents & topics to review include:
- Various types of trusts (revocable living trusts, bypass, ILIT, QTIP, CRT, etc).
- Other vital docs (living will, last will, durable POA, medical POA, etc).
- Probate: the ramifications and potential ways to avoid it.
- Business/LLC structure
- Wealth transfer
- Charitable giving
- Business succession planning
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Requires JD and 7+ years of experience in estate planning.
- Comfortable transitioning to an advisory role vs. billable hours.
- Experience with client facing conversations.
- Advanced research skills to assist in providing possible solutions for complex client issues.
- Experience in working in a highly automated environment for managing content and delivering advice, including familiarity with current Estate Planning technologies to assist in analyzing client data.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills; ability to multitask and balance priorities.