Senior Director, FP&A at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview:
The Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis is a highly visible role that serves as a critical financial partner to the business. Requiring frequent interaction with senior management and other key internal and external stakeholders, the Senior Director, FP&A will rely on a collaborative and proactive approach to lead the annual budget cycle, establish regular forecasting meetings and leverage financial data to provide broad decision support to leaders.
The Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will have significant experience in leading experienced financial analysts responsible for establishing strong business and financial planning processes. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively interact and influence across organizational structures and closely liaise with finance and business teams.Responsibilities:
- Lead the global budgeting and forecasting process, including quantitative analysis around key business drivers
- Assess economic and specific business drivers and their corresponding impact on company financials
- Deliver forecast analytics and insights that result in a corporate perspective of the forecast/budget
- Manage the budget and forecast calendar, coordinating with key stakeholders
- Actively seek opportunities to improve tools and processes
- Conduct in depth financial analysis in support of quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables
- Become an expert on Boom’s business and financial drivers
- Work closely with investor relations and external reporting in preparation for earnings
- Develop partnership with stakeholders throughout organization
- Drive cross-functional alignment on finance processes and planning
- Conduct weekly meetings with FP&A counterparts
- Lead and coordinate ad hoc requests from company leadership
- 12+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related speciality
- 7+ years of experience in leading and managing a world class team
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor as well as experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment
- Strong executive presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and finance partners
- Superior strategic thought leadership
- Experience presenting complex materials in a succinct manner to senior executives to drive effective decision making
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across a breadth of stakeholders
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and drive a team towards a strategic vision
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and action-oriented regarding decisions affecting the team
- Committed to developing a team, including key talent, and build a strong succession pipeline for the future
The Base Salary Range for this position is $200,000 - $260,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.