Senior Corporate Accountant at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Senior Corporate Accountant
Do you want to play a role in global reporting at a large multi-national corporation?
Our Corporate accounting team is responsible for global US GAAP consolidation and analysis. We strive to operate as a cohesive team and be a trusted source to our co-workers to provide timely accurate reporting and implement practical solutions. As the Corporate Accounting Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the global consolidation and equity reporting. You will be given the opportunity to interact with various global internal teams, and manage multiple assignments in a complex and fast-paced environment. The right candidate will be able to effectively manage competing priorities, demonstrate strong analytical skills, be detail-oriented, and enjoy thinking critically to solve complex problems.
Here’s how to do that:
- Lead the company’s monthly consolidation process including verifying the consolidating balance sheet, income statement, FFO statement, equity statement, and trial balance
- Prepare the quarterly income statement fluctuation analysis
- Prepare ASC 718 global stock compensation expense from the stock administration system monthly and respond to associated inquiries from our international and tax teams.
- Prepare weighted-average share calculation based on the shares outstanding monthly and address inconsistencies between reports with our stock administration team
- Lead system implementation of stock compensation reporting and tracking
- Assist with SEC reporting including preparation of select financial statements and footnotes for the quarterly 10-Q, annual report, and supplemental report
- Prepare account reconciliations for assigned areas in a timely manner
- Support internal SOX documentation and testing of internal controls
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquires.
- Partner with internal customers to achieve corporate strategic initiatives as well as adhere to the monthly financial close schedule.
- Continually enhance processes, including seeking opportunities to further automate procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Minimum three years of general accounting experience in a large multi-entity / multi-national company or public accounting and bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Strong analytical, process improvement, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently and effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines under pressure and produce a quality work product
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively across multiple functional, cultural and management levels (oral and written)
- Detail-oriented and produces accurate financial results and reports within required deadlines independently
- Advance proficiency with Excel (required) and ERP system (preferred)
- Desire to further learn and enhance the general ledger system, associated subsystems, and reporting tools
- Comprehend accounting policies and procedures and can provide assistance to other team members
- Discretion with confidential information
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.