Senior Business Consultant at FIS
About the team
FIS® Enterprise Risk Suite (formerly Adaptiv) solutions help banks and financial institutions quickly and accurately calculate their enterprise Market and Credit Risk using the most advanced software in the market.
The Professional Services group is a diverse team of technical and business experts who work together to implement the FIS Enterprise Risk Suite solutions to meet a wide range of business needs for our clients. As a member of this team, you'll help solve complex problems and configure the solution to meet the client's business requirements.
You have in-depth knowledge of financial services industry, in particular Credit and Market Risk management. Using that knowledge, you'll analyze business requirements, write specifications, advise clients on the optimal solution configuration to meet their requirements and industry best practices, and support the validation of the solution. As a senior member of the team, you'll act as a Business Lead on implementation projects.
This role may be worked remotely from anywhere in North America; must work EST business hours.
- Advise leading financial institutions on FIS Enterprise Risk implementation projects with a focus on the areas of Credit and Market Risk management.
- Act as Business Lead on implementation projects. Provide direction to the team on business/risk related matters and support the Project Manager on implementation approach
- Analyze and translate business requirements into functional specifications to be implemented as FIS Enterprise Risk features
- Configure calculation parameters based on client requirements for Credit and Market Risk models, including: PFE, CVA, XVA, SIMM, SA-CCR, VaR, Sensitivities, P&L, Stress Testing, Stressed VaR and FRTB
- Guide clients on how to prepare their market, trade, and static data for FIS Enterprise Risk
- Validate that calculations are generating expected results
- Support the client testing the calculations, responding to questions, triaging issues, and advising clients on the best solutions to problems that arise
- Create presentations and materials for educating clients on the solution
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Development, Sales, and Senior Management - you will help to drive change and innovation in FIS Enterprise Risk
- Maintain quality client relationships to achieve excellent client satisfaction and loyalty
- Mentor and grow knowledge among the Professional Services team for FIS Enterprise Risk
- Proven experience in the financial services industry, in particular Credit and Market Risk management financial institutions or other vendors
- Familiarity with market data and its application in Credit and Mark Risk
- Full or partial FRM a major bonus
- Led or participated in the definition and implementation of multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Light coding, scripting, SQL a bonus
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Team building, coaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent at communicating ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Willing to travel 15% - 25% or as needed
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A high trust and high autonomy workplace
- Choice of remote, office, or hybrid work environment
- Diverse client and project deliverables to quickly gather different experiences in the domain
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.