CircleCI is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our growing finance team. The Sr. Financial Analyst, R&D will assist with financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and cross-departmental initiatives, including headcount budgeting & forecasting, monthly reporting, strategic decision support, as well as ad hoc analysis for the engineering and product management organization. This role will be primarily responsible for tracking how our engineering resources are deployed across our products, as well as connecting our hiring growth forecast to business milestones. The position is a high-visibility role and will require building strong working relationships across the company at all levels of the organization. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Finance & Strategy.What you'll do:
- Own significant responsibility for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, forecasting, and headcount processes
- Work to continuously improve reporting and data analysis for better tracking of metrics and financial performance for the R&D organization.
- Collaborate with R&D departments and senior management on budget/forecast submissions, headcount planning, and monthly financial performance reviews
- Develop insightful and impactful ad-hoc analyses as needed. Analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and presenting key messages to senior management
- Provide practical and consultative financial guidance to drive business decision-making, and perform ROI analysis to assist decision making.
- Partner with the R&D department leadership to drive strategic resource allocation decisions.
- 3+ years of corporate finance, FP&A, or investment banking experience
- Experience with headcount planning, ideally in an R&D function, is highly preferred.
- Experience partnering with Engineering and Product teams is also highly preferred.
- Experience with AWS Billing is a plus
- Self-starter, can work with minimal oversight and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Operating with a sense of urgency, articulating roadblocks or knowledge gaps as they arise, in order to meet deadlines. Re-negotiating deadlines with sufficient notice, when unable to meet, to ensure transparency.
- Excellent follow through on direction and assignment to help build world class financial deliverables. Have the initiative and drive to work through deliverables that have not been created to set a baseline for future department projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; has previously been in a role where communication to external partners was a key component
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Given a business question, can independently craft and implement an analysis, gather the required inputs from key partners, and iterate/adjust as needed
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel (you are someone that uses keyboard shortcuts, tables/ lookups, pivot tables, and likely prefer a PC)
- Experience analyzing large data sets and working with financial systems (Netsuite/Planful) preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.