Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
The Senior Accounting Specialist at BombBomb will be responsible for all accounts receivable processing, account reconciliations and ensuring that invoices are recorded in accordance with GAAP and compliant with 606 Revenue Recognition standards. This position will also serve as the in-house resource for all invoicing and subscription management questions from sales and customer service departments. We are looking for a self-motivated individual that is confident in working independently and also enjoys being part of a team.
What you will do...
- Maintain customer data in financial system and prepare invoices on a daily basis
- Review and verify contracts are being invoiced accurately and timely and comply with GAAP and 606 Revenue Recognition Standards
- Process customer payments thru check, ACH and credit card
- Validate and process customer refunds
- Communicate with customers and internal associates regarding invoicing discrepancies and resolve disputes
- Communicate with customers regarding past due accounts
- Reconcile monthly revenue accounts and prepare journal entries to meet 606 revenue recognition standards
Subscription and Billing Management:
- Support the sales and customer support organizations by being the finance resource for billing and subscription management questions and resolve issues as they arise
- Work cross departmentally on projects, process improvements, and data integrity that include billing and subscription management functionality
Month End and Year End:
- Prepare monthly and annual reconciliations and account analysis related to AR and Revenue accounts
- Prepare schedules and provide documentation for the annual audit and tax return
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication is necessary. Need the ability to professionally engage with both our customers and employees
- Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Persistence: Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactiveness: Looks for opportunities to improve processes and anticipates follow up questions from customers and employees
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers & supervisors to create a collaborative work environment with a positive attitude.
- Self-Starter: Motivated to take initiative on projects or tasks, assembling the resources required to complete the objective.
- Flexibility: Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- 5 year(s) experience in Accounting Department, specifically in Accounts Receivable
- Experience working at a SaaS or Subscription based Company
- Working knowledge of Revenue 606 Standards
- Experience with Netsuite ARM, Chargify and Avalara a plus
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Strong customer service and people skills
- Demonstrated experience as a self starter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth