Senior Accountant at Parsyl
Parsyl is a technology company that delivers IoT enabled supply chain visibility and insurance solutions for shippers and suppliers of pharmaceuticals, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. We were founded with the mission to improve lives and save money by providing a better way to understand the quality of goods we all rely on, from the foods we eat to the medicines we need. We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and comprehensive cargo insurance coverage to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage.
If you’re a team player and would be excited to join a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast growing startup, you will work to establish accounting and finance processes and standards across the company. Your role will be a hybrid of accounting and FP&A with broad responsibilities and the opportunity to work with all parts of the business.
You are a good fit for this position if you are self motivated and looking to build a broad range of skills. Strong candidates will have high attention to detail and are comfortable working in an undefined environment.
Technologies Used by the Team
- G-Suite web applications
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
What you’ll get to work on:
- Maintain revenue, deferred revenue, expense, prepaid expense, asset, grant, inventory, and other general ledger accounts
- Complete month end processes on schedule, including reconciliations and month end entries and allocations
- Manage A/P and A/R processes, including bill payments and collections
- Support financial reporting, including analysis on company performance and narrative on results
- Partner with stakeholders to establish budgets, report on results, and ad hoc evaluation on strategic and tactical decisions
- Assist in development and management of Parsyl’s financial model to project and report on expected performance
- Create new, independent financial statements to aid in decision making
- Provide input on business decisions through transactional and financial data
- Maintain and apply knowledge of acceptable accounting principles and procedures
- File tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition rules, with the ability to research unknown standards
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google web applications, especially Excel and Google Sheets
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Drive for continuous improvement, learning and professional development
Bonus if you also have:
- Masters in Accountancy
- CPA, or substantial steps to completion
- Netsuite Experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and/or experience with inventory accounting
Qualities We Look For:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available