Senior Accountant at ReCharge
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We are looking for a Senior GL Accountant who has a great understanding of accounting principles, ERP systems and has helped manage a complete month-end close cycle. Experience working in both high growth and fast-paced start-ups. A strong work ethic, high professional standards, and the capacity to get things done independently are essential for this role. This role will report directly to ReCharge’s Controller.What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Play an integral part of the accounting close and reporting process, assuring that month-end close tasks and reconciliations are completed on the assigned due dates.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules (payroll, cash, accruals, fixed assets, allocations).
- Participate in and contribute in the financial audit process including preparation of various audit schedules.
- Play an active role in process improvement projects including implementation of enhancements to our ERP systems and processes.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for accounting policies and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Collaborate with the business partners and accounting team to ensure products and partnerships are in compliance with revenue recognition.
- Partner around revenue accounting, maintaining amortization schedules and reporting.
- Participate in developing and maintaining Internally Developed Software analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2+ years of related progressive work experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices in a private company start-up environment
- Big 4 experience and/or CPA preferred
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; high EQ
- Excellent skills in accuracy, organization, and comfortable working in a high-volume/fast-paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and G Suite skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP is strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and driven to do things right
- Self-motivated with a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- A team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.