Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As the Senior Accountant, you will take ownership of some of our General Ledger and consolidation processes, prepare and review prepayment and accrual journal entries for certain operating expenses, and assist in ad-hoc technical accounting research and analysis. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare and review monthly accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review intercompany eliminations and foreign currency translation as well as support the accounting close process for all Checkr subsidiaries.
- Assist in the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including documenting conclusions around complex and technical accounting areas.
- Oversee continuous process improvement projects for areas of responsibility.
- Perform financial statement analysis and communicate findings to finance management.
- Assist with the management of annual financial audits and monthly / quarterly reporting for board meetings.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA qualification is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting-related work experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Netsuite) and Excel.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational abilities, customer service orientation, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.