PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a Senior Accountant to the crew. The role will focus on maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, preparing reconciliations and financials, and assisting with process improvements. This opportunity requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and a passion for problem solving. A successful candidate can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to our Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements and providing explanations on budget and forecast variances.
- Assist with month-end close to include balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Identify areas for improvement, maintain documentation and implement policies and procedures.
- Maintains and balances subledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Assist with year-end audit by preparing schedules and supporting documentation.
- Research, document and educate team members on new accounting pronouncements and complex accounting issues.
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc requests and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- 3 plus years of progressive accounting experience, public accounting experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
- Working understanding of GAAP, accrual accounting and inventory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude