Senior Accountant at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
This position will perform following:
- Maintain various account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Help with the monthly revenue reporting process and drive continuous improvements in reporting quality and insights
- Process month-end journal entries related to revenue accounts
- Work closely with the Finance team to perform trend analysis and analytical reviews related to revenue and costs
- Generate royalty calculations
- Prepare monthly commission accrual journal entries
- Reconcile commissions general ledger accounts and research/resolve resulting reconciling items
- Process royalty payment requests
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and other team members spread across multiple office locations
- Review customer contracts to determine revenue recognition requirements
- Prepare PBC files and walkthroughs for external auditors and assist in the conduct of the audit.
- Document and improve processes throughout the Vertafore Finance department.
Skills Required for this Position:
· 2-3 years' experience in Public and/or Private Accounting firm required
· SaaS Software industry experience preferred but not necessary
· Strong analytical skills to identify variances and problem areas to process improve
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines with a positive attitude
· Coordinate communication with and research inquiries for business segments
· Intermediate to advance skills with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel (including ability to generate pivot tables and write simple excel formulas)
· Experience with ERP Software Revenue Recognition (Oracle, Net Suite) preferred
Other Important Abilities:
· Two years of work experience in a revenue accounting role is a preference but not necessary
· Having an open mindset, good listening skills and willingness to incorporate best practices is a big plus for this role
· Being a team player vs an individual performer
· Being comfortable with change resulting from the need to incorporate best practices
· Strong communication skills and ability to make presentations in meetings
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment