This position will reconcile all cash accounts for all US and European bank accounts. These functions to include, but are not limited to, daily cash reconciliations, research cash reconciling items and following up with accounts payable, accounts receivable and European country managers as appropriate, preparing and distributing daily cash reports for US and Europe. In addition, this position will prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned accounts, and will compile monthly sales and use taxes for filing.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
The essential responsibilities for this position will include:
- Reconciling cash accounts for US and European cash accounts on a daily basis
- Prepare and distribute daily cash report for both US and Europe
- Research and follow up on any and all cash reconciling items noted on a daily basis
- Maintaining and updating all cash reconciliation files on a daily and monthly basis
- Responsible for areas of the general ledger as assigned, and ensuring the company financial records are kept in accordance with GAAP
- Analyzes operating costs and works with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to determine proper accruals
- Preparing timely and accurate journal entries and reconciliations for month end close
- Compiling monthly sales and use taxes for filing
- Leads projects within accounting function to ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes and identify areas of improvement
The following are knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies that are required for a person to competently perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or combination of education and related experience
- 2 -5 years work experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting experience
- High proficiency with Excel
The following additional skills or experience are preferred
- Previous cash reconciliation and tax experience
- Oracle experience
- Self-motivated, time efficient and proactive
- Strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong ethical and confidentiality standards are essential
- Enthusiastic team player willing to assist others where necessary
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.