DispatchHealth is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing team headquartered in the Denver metro area.
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth is striving to create an integrated, convenient, high-touch triage and care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures we provide definitive, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care and are supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and improve outcomes. The veteran leadership team at Dispatch Health brings together the best startup, clinical and engineering skill sets to execute on a unique business model, positioning us to address and disrupt the changing healthcare landscape.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology - healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and verifying financial transactions in the general ledger. This individual will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger accounts, and assist with the month-end close procedures. With a strong foundation to build upon, he/she will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting and accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Accurately process routine and one-off journal entries
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts using critical thinking
- Produce error-free accounting reports
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with tax audits and prepare and submit use tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of various compliance reports and obtaining insurance, business licenses, etc for new markets
- Assist with preparation of work papers for external audit
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant required
- Must be CPA certified
- Proven experience as an accounting supervisor or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, preferably NetSuite & Quickbooks
- Advanced MS excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Relevant certification (CMA or CPA) preferred
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Healthcare benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, short and long-term disability and a 401k retirement plan
- Free gym access & the most unique healthcare culture in Denver