Please review the job details below.
DigitalGlobe has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant. This Senior Accountant will play an important role in the joint Maxar and DigitalGlobe accounting department and will have tasks related to both groups of companies. This role reports to the Manager – Accounting.
- Month end accounting close duties
- Understand the operations of the companies, accounts, and other duties assigned to this Accountant
- Analyze and research outstanding liabilities to create month end accruals
- Account for cash, investments, and other treasury-related balances
- Build relationships in order to successfully partner with stakeholders including Payroll, Stock based compensation, Intercompany, Accounts payable, Intenal audit, Treasury, Technical accounting, FP&A, etc.
- Prepare and enter journal entries into our SAP accounting system and OneStream consolidations tool
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations using OneStream
- Partner with other locations to research and reconcile Intercompany transactions
- Provide analysis of operating results and financial position
- Create and maintain desk procedures for all processes
- Ensure timely execution and quality of internal controls operation
- Collaborate with other departments for ongoing process improvement efforts
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Support the consolidations team
- Some travel to California and Canada may be required to understand the business as this work transitions to Westminster
- Process improvement
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- United States Citizenship
- CPA preferred
- Big-4 accounting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment while also knowing when to ask questions to better understand the process / issue
- Excellent Word and Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP or BPC or other large accounting systems is a plus
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.