Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
We are searching for a highly motivated Senior Accountant that enjoys the hustle through a tenacious and optimistic worth ethic. In this role, you'll improve efficiency through streamlining processes to scale to support Hotel Engine’s rapidly growing operations. The senior accountant will have a large impact on accounting operations and the monthly close process. This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Be a self-starter that takes initiative. Knows when to run with it, when to ask questions, and when to raise red flags.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and post journal entries.
- Work with large data sets in monthly reconciliations and daily operations.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Provide explanations for P&L and balance sheet monthly variances.
- Identify and lead process improvements, including efficient monthly close processes, optimization of NetSuite functionality, and company workflow.
- Assist with audits, compliance, and tax-related activities.
- Work on special projects and prepare ad-hoc financial reports and analyses as necessary.
- Assist in creation of control environment, including identification and implementation of risk-based controls throughout various accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum four years of progressive experience
- At least two years of experience in public accounting, with at least 1 year at senior-level or higher
- At least one year in private accounting
- Previous experience with managing one or more direct reports
- Highly advanced Excel user, including experience with large data sets
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Prior experience in a high-volume transaction company is preferred
- Self-directed worker with the ability to resolve issues independently with minimal supervision, but also asks appropriate questions as needed
- Must be a resident of one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT or WA. Denver, Colorado area is preferred.
What we provide:
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado's 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we're pleased to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive base salaries
- Stock options for all new hires
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Unlimited paid time off policy, 48 hours annual sick time and 16 hours of paid volunteer time each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- The base salary range for this role is $85,000 - $95,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.