Senior Accountant at Guild Education
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Roles for The Beehive are all onsite in Denver. The Beehive is an Early Childhood Education Center for children of Guild Education Denver employees, located adjacent to our Denver offices.
Guild is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions, including but not limited to monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements. The position will report to the Manager, Accounting and work closely with FP&A and Operations. The Senior Accountant will be a proven accounting expert who loves to dig in and analyze data, helping the business make financially-smart decisions.
- Analyze large amounts of data and prepare timely invoices for customers
- Manage billing and collections processes
- Manage accounts payable processes and investigate vendor inquiries
- Review various work prepared by staff accountants
- Provide audit requests to the auditors
- Review sales tax returns
- Prepare month-end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations while finding ways to improve the close timing
- Monitor, improve and implement accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP
- Implement process improvements
- Liaise with FP&A on actual vs forecast variances
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA Required
- Minimum 3 years related accounting operations experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong system skills and data mining
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external parties
- Familiarity with Netsuite will be an asset
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $75,000-$93,750 as well as company stock options.#LI-JG1
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.